Career Opportunities at Desert Communications
At Desert Communications we have a dynamic team of extraordinary people. As a leading service provider in the Southwest we seek to hire and develop strong people, dedicated to our customers and willing to take on many challenges.
DCI offers an environment geared to the potential for development and growth. If you are looking for a challenging career where you can utilize your talents, DCI has the position and environment you are looking for.
At DCI we offer a complete employment package including:
- Supplementary life insurance
- Paid time off and holidays
- Phone and Car allowances for qualified positions
- Training and Education programs
- Certification assistance
Current Position Openings
Please read the posted job descriptions carefully. If you are interested in a position listed, please submit your resume or CV and a cover letter to email@example.com and please reference the position title in the subject line.
Title: DFW104SE Sales and Business Development Executive
Description: DCI is looking for a Sales and Business Development Executive based in the Dallas / Ft. Worth area. Our company serves a number of verticals, including K-12, state and local government, healthcare, financial, and commercial. The role requires someone capable of growing existing customer relationships along with acquiring net-new accounts. This person will be given legacy accounts to maintain and grow and will be held responsible for growing the territory by cold calling, solution selling, and closing new business. The percentage of farming versus hunting will vary based on territory, but a successful candidate will be comfortable in operating primarily as a hunter, recognizing there will also be opportunity to farm existing and established accounts. The Sales and Business Development Executive will manage relationships with IT manufacturers in order to understand discount structures and promotions. He/she will be well-versed in network infrastructure and will attain certifications in order to help the company maintain manufacturer partnerships.
- Experience in selling communication network infrastructure and low voltage cabling solutions in the Dallas/ Ft. Worth market preferably with a Cisco-based VAR or reseller.
- Must present and communicate in a professional manner.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be organized with good time management skills.
- Possess proven analytical/problem solving solutions for the customer and the company.
- Computer proficiency in Windows and Microsoft applications, with a better than average proficiency with Excel.
- Previous cold calling experience.
- Experience in developing and executing territory sales strategies.
- Possess strong presentation, negotiation, and closing skills.
- Previous experience serving the K-12 market a plus, especially as it relates to responding to RFPs/RFQs. E-Rate experience a plus.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently to meet or exceed goals.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Minimum five (5) years outside business-to-business sales with a proven track record of success.
- Two (2) years of experience in a customer-facing sales role (business to business).
- IT VAR Experience a plus
Pay Structure: Base Salary + Commission, car and phone allowance, full company benefits.